- This event has passed.
Mom and Baby Yoga- Drop In
June 5, 2018 at 11:00 am - 11:45 am
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Tuesday, repeating until August 28, 2018
Calling all moms of little ones!
Mom and Baby Yoga is a great chance get out of the house and come to a relaxing stress free environment where you will meet other new mothers, give your body some gentle yoga love, and strengthen that bond between you and your little.
Ideally, your baby will allow you to do as much yoga as possible while they aren’t upset!!
When is it okay to start yoga?
If there are no extenuating circumstances, your doctor will probably give you the ok to exercise six to eight weeks after you give birth. Babies should be 6 weeks to crawling.
What should I bring with me?
- A receiving blanket or other small blanket for your baby to lie on
- Your diaper bag, fully stocked with change of clothes, diapers, feeding supplies for newborns.
- If your child is old enough for solid food, a few dry snacks (like Cheerios) and a sippy cup of water may occupy them for a bit. Avoid things that are hard to clean up if they spill, like applesauce and juice.
- A favorite toy or two. For babies who aren’t mobile, a stroller toy that you can dangle in front of them is nice.
- Anything else small that keeps your child happy!
What to Expect
In most mom and baby yoga classes, moms place a yoga blanket, usually covered with a blanket from home in case of spit-up or other spills, at the top of their mat. In an ideal world, the baby will lie on the blanket happily for the duration of the class. This rarely happens. You are totally free to pick up your baby to feed, rock, change them, or walk them around the room if they cry.REGISTER