- This event has passed.
Nourishing The Body Series- Menopause
July 5, 2018 at 7:15 pm - 8:45 pm
One event on August 23, 2018 at 7:15 pm
One event on September 27, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Nourishing the Body Series is designed to support participants in gaining a deeper understanding of their own bodies by providing education focusing on how the body functions as a whole system. The body is always trying to bring itself back into a state of balance (homeostasis) and when it is unable to do so it will start to exhibit symptoms. We focus on understanding symptoms or conditions from a broader, whole person perspective, tying in the different factors that could be contributing to your current state of health.
This month we will be talking about menopause. Specific topics will include:
- The female hormonal system
- Hormonal changes that occur during peri-menopause and menopause and what this means for your body and how you feel/symptoms you may experience.
- Understanding key symptoms and health considerations specific to women moving through this transition.
- General treatment considerations, specifically as it relates to how different systems in the body interact with one another and how we can take a broader approach to support the whole body.
- Comparing conventional, Naturopathic and other approaches to menopause
Details: Nourishing the Body Series- Menopause
Date: Thursday August 23rd
Time: 7:15-8:45 pm
Location: She Thrives, 161 Front St. Belleville
Personal Investment: $20 + HST
Dr. Keating is our Naturopathic Doctor at She Thrives. She loves working with women who are seeking to move into a deeper understanding of themselves, and who enjoy a gentle, organic approach to improving their vitality and health. Dr. Keating is deeply committed to exploring the momentum of “What else is possible?” and she invites you to join her!