- This event has passed.
POSTPONED- The Kombucha Workshop w/ Stef Bourke
March 31 at 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm$30
POSTPONED- DATE TBD!
Have you heard the buzz about kombucha but you don’t get it yet?
Have you FALLEN IN LOVE with kombucha but it’s only a once in awhile treat for you right now?
Have you sipped on this fizzy “health tonic” and made the pucker face when the full flavour hits the back of your throat and you wish you could find a way to like it?
Kombucha is a fermented tea with it’s own sweet/tart tangy-ness that has been touted as the miracle cure for many different ailments. This bubbly and refreshing drink makes a wonderful alternative to sugary sweet sodas and other caffeinated beverages.
Regular consumption of kombucha is credited by many for reducing sugar cravings in the body, regulating digestion by introducing a health biome of gut bacteria and enzymes, and putting a little pep in your step!
- Come and learn everything you need to know to start your own home ferment
- Learn about the benefits of consuming kombucha
- Learn about how fermentation transforms sweet tea to tangy kombucha and sample multiple stages of fermentation
- Learn tips and tricks of making your own kombucha, flavouring and bottling, including what NOT to do 😉
- A recipe to make your own home brew
- Starter liquid and scoby to get you started
- Tips and Tricks page with flavouring inspirations
- A list of DO’s and DON’T’s to help you create a healthy strong brew
- Access to a private facebook page where you can check in with ongoing questions about your fermentation cycle and additional support.
The Kombucha Workshop
When: Tuesday March 31st, 7:30-8:30 pm
Where: We Thrive Wellness, 161 Front Street
Personal Investment: $30 + HST