Join Our Team!
We Thrive provides a variety of services, classes and events that support a person’s return to wellness on a multitude of levels. We honour that to help people get truly well, we must provide opportunities for them to explore their personal challenges in a multifaceted way. We invite professionals who share this holistic approach to care to consider an opportunity with us.
Watch this video for a little peek into what it’s like to work with us >>
Our Work Environment
The work environment at We Thrive is collaborative, compassionate, innovative and flexible. Our business practices draw inspiration from both masculine and feminine models of organization and communication – settling on the best approaches most effective at maintaining a welcoming, fun and inspired work environment. It is important to us that our team members feel appreciated, respected and honoured for their valued contributions to our community. We consider our centre a unique and enjoyable place to work.
Compassion is a central tenet to our approach to care at We Thrive. To create a safe and welcoming environment, we use a compassionate tone when communicating amongst our team, with the people we care for, and with the wider community. Compassion is important to understanding the challenges people face and to communicating our desire for wellness and healing. Compassion is something we do well. It comes naturally to our team and is appreciated by the people who access our services.
We welcome practitioners and staff onto our team who appreciate the collaborative nature in which our team members work and thrive. It is central to our philosophy of healing, for practitioners and staff to value and understand the benefits of other modalities, practices and techniques. We Thrive practitioners appreciate how the work of team members enhances their own practice, and elevates the return to wellness of the people in their care.
At We Thrive we are not content to do things the way others are doing them just because that is how it has always been done. It is our commitment to the people in our care and to our team of practitioners to always strive to find the most creative and caring way to conduct business. We encourage our team and the people in our care to challenge us with new ideas and push us outside our comfort zone. We work hard at We Thrive to create an environment that fosters creativity and new ways of working.
Maintaining a healthy work-life balance is one way that We Thrive can walk its talk. Our team members are encouraged to prioritize the needs of self, family, rest and movement when determining workload and work hours. At We Thrive, each team member determines for themselves the hours they will work. We encourage our team to take advantage of lunch time movement and mindfulness classes in the studio, and team social gatherings throughout the workday.
As a thriving and growing centre, we are continually looking for the right team members to complement and enhance our current offerings. Interested practitioners are encouraged to explore our website and the information below about working on our team, before submitting an expression of interest.
The modalities below would complement our current offerings well. But don’t let these suggested modalities discourage you from reaching out to us. We focus on hiring the RIGHT person, so we are open to considering any and all modalities that would work well with our current team.
We encourage all interested practitioners to connect with us if our centre seems like a good fit for you!
- 2+ years of experience in the profession
- Registered and in good standing with relevant college (if applicable)
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development
- Ability to produce professional references
- Have great interpersonal and communication skills
- Value a multidisciplinary approach to health and wellness
- Ability and desire to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Terms of Position
- Competitive remuneration
- Option for either an employee or independent contractor position
- Private treatment space provided
- Flexible work hours and full control over schedule setting
- A work environment that values family time, balance and mental/physical/spiritual wellness
- Yoga and meditation classes free for practitioners
- Potential for funded education/training.
Ready to Submit Your Interest?
It is our belief that a typical cover letter and resume does not fully express a person’s suitability for a position. What we bring to our work is coloured by our life experience, our story and journey, our interests and passions, and our beliefs and ideas. It is important to us that our recruitment process allow applicants to provide a full picture of themselves and to share the information they feel best demonstrates their candidacy.
We invite you to express your interest by providing a creative package that showcases your experience, expertise and passionate understanding of why this type of work environment excites you. We welcome you to use your creativity when developing your package – you need not be limited by standard cover letter and resume rules! Demonstrate to us why you are the professional we are looking for!
Send us a package that expresses the following in a creative way:
- Tell us what motivates you to do the work you do
- Let us in on a bit of your story and help us understand who you are – for real
- Explain why you want to work on a team of compassionate professionals from a variety of backgrounds
- Demonstrate that you have the education, experience and expertise to thrive on our team
- Help us understand that you are committed to investing in a professional environment with the space, staff and vision necessary to take your practice to the next level.
Please submit your application via email to the attention of We Thrive Co-Owner Sarah Hutchison through the button below. If you have questions, please reach out to Sarah at 613-779-7277.